read on....

Feel free to leave any comments !!

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Assignment 1- Are You What You Wear/Buy/Sit On/Sleep In/Talk To?

To complete assignment 1 we were asked to attempt some primary research using photographs as a form of evidence. We were paired up with someone from a different area of study who we didn't know. The main intention was to help reflect on the influences on your own taste and development through attempting to analyse someone else’s. I came across some ethical issues related to research like the privacy and confidentiality. This task gave me a chance both to do research, and to be the subject of research. 


I found this task very interesting and exciting.




I first swapped photos with my partner who was David Leach from Graphic Design, as i analysed the photos i looked to see what they told me about David as a person. I considered topics such as taste, influences, possessions and environment.  Here are some of the photos along with my analysis.



Analysing the photos of David's room I think he is quite a trendy guy and up-to-date with the latest technology/gadgets.  I think he seems an outgoing person and someone who'd be up for a laugh. 


Other points I took from these photos:
1. He lives away from home in a flat.
2. Likes to drink in the flat with mates and go out.
3. Proud of his camera.
4. Not very organised which gives me the impression he isquite laid back.
5. Likes to keep good memories of maybe a good night out or a last night somewhere – from signed t-shirt on the wall and photographs.
6. Generally good taste in things.

I also think that he is fairly active, enjoys a challengeand likes the outdoors.
David seems quite and experienced snowboarder as in theimage he seems quite confident.
Both the photo of David drinking wine and Fred Flintstoneshows that he has a sense of humour and is very sociable.  He seems quite cheeky in this photo and also looks like he is quite sarcastic either because he is having a jokebecause he is drinking wine or with the person talking the photo.







Discussion

After discussing, this is what David came up with after looking at my photos.

I seem very social, and care a lot about my friends that i have in my life.
Guessed that i can be a wee bit shy at first but i  get comfortable with people when you know them.
The picture with the quad bikes he guessed was a holiday with friends, guessing somewhere like spain or greece.  So traveled a bit.
Like to sing when younger but guessed i don't do that often now. Even though i like to sing he reckoned i might not sing out in front of a crowd.
I seem to have a colourful and playful life when growing up and have always been friendly.


Interestingly enough we both agreed that we were pretty much spot on with each others interpretation of what the other person is like.  It was quite strange knowing that someone can find out exactly what you are like from only looking at a few photos of you without knowing you at all.













No comments:

Post a Comment