read on....

Feel free to leave any comments !!

Friday 15 April 2011

Assignment 5B


As the summer holidays is long for us I have planned what I going to do to stay in touch with my course over they number of weeks that we have off.

To start with I am going to re-vamp my blog as trying to complete ongoing projects I feel I’ve not given the time I should have in making it visually appealing for others to read. Also going to add more about my persona and start follow a lot more of other sights that I am interested in. I will be making more blog entries over the summer and commenting on other peoples blogs hoping they will comment back.

Five books that I will read;

  1. Clark, C. Brody, D(2009).Design Studies: A Reader.
This book interested me as when I started the design studies module I wasn’t too sure of what kind of things I was going to be learning about this book will give me further information for starting level 3 as it gives the understanding of the complex roles of design.

  1. Brown, S. (2000).Communication in the Design Process.
This book was part of a previous assignment and the subject of design in communication technology interested me so I would like to read more into this.

3. Gladwell,M(2006).Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking.
This book explores the extraordinarily perceptive and deceptive power of the sub-conscious mind.

  1. Gladwell,M(2009).outliers: The Story of Success
After reading and enjoying the Tipping point also by Gladwell I feel it’s a good idea to read more of his books.

  1. Klein,G(1999)Sources of Power: How People Make Decisions.
This is another psychology book which interests be a lot. Finding out about how people think and making fast decisions is sometime just as good a spending hours deciding on something.


Five people I will connect to:

  1. I will stay connected to classmates who have previously been away on foreign exchanges and those who are going to New Zealand for the start of level 3. Finding out what work and projects they are achieving.
  2. Once I have completed my twitter account and finally understand how to use it I will look to find a designer maybe in an interior field so that’s its helping me along with my studies.
  3. My cousin is a jeweler and live in Ireland and I will stay connected with her although its not my field of design its interesting to now what her up and coming designs are.
  4. Over the summer I might contact an interior design studio and try and get some work placement. Even if its only a day a week it will give me an insight into the ‘real world’ if this goes to plan I would stay connected with them for more placement/job opportunities.
  5. Finally over the summer I will be connecting with the fourth years in my course as every year we help them with setting up there fourth year degree show. This is very useful as it gives a chance to see the level of work they produce and how much hard work goes into the degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment